Thursday, April 22, 2010

The End of the Beginning

It's been getting closer and closer to the right feelings to officially start training for the season. For the last month I have done approximately 1 ride per week and 1 run per week. The majority of my time has been spent getting the house fixed up with new attic insulation, attic venting, gutters, and a central dehumidifier. We also found some new home owners and car insurance along with refinancing. Right now the guys are blowing in the new insulation, tomorrow morning we close on the refi, and tomorrow afternoon the new gutters and gutter helmets should be working in fine fashion. It was exhausting and I'm glad its done.
Andrea and I are taking a quick weekend trip up to Eagle River for a little mtb skillz practice, and some major relaxation. Upon return everything should be in order to start the season with no distractions. I'm figurin' I better start with a fitness test at Iola! Nothing like racing into shape....

I'll leave you with a few good pics from the brick and mortar removal and time spent in the attic...

No comments: