Thursday, April 02, 2009

Aaahhh Tucson

Loving it the past few days in the sunshine and mid 70's. I keep asking myself why I left this place??? Day 1 was a 2 hour ride from the house to the 7 mile mark up Mt. Lemmon. It was pretty sweet to run into the ACE and have some company most of the way up the hill. I met Jon way back in the day and we always bump into each other in the most unexpected places. Here Jon was reminding me that Mt. Lemmon goes up.























Day 2 was a bright and early ride to Saguaro National Park followed by a very educational trip to see Bill Peterson at Foot Fitness. It turns out Andrea had a 9mm leg length discrepancy. So the doc is going to make some custom footbeds and add 7mm of lift under her left cleat. You could tell an immediate difference in her pedal stroke with just the lift. She is going to ride for a week and try to lose some of the bad muscle memory of being imbalanced and then the footbeds should be ready to rock. A follow up visit and possibly some adjustment to the lift height along with the new footbeds and she should be riding pain free in a very short amount of time! We also spent a little time over at Trek Bicycles of Tucson meeting Candice and Dave and getting a few ideas for the new store.




Today was my first real training ride out here. I put in a solid 60 miles out to Colossal Cave and then to Sahuarita Rd. and back through Rita Ranch. It was an awesome ride and I hope to get 2 more rides in just like it before flying home on Sunday. I sure am going to miss this place...

1 comment:

KevinandSpring said...

Would love to see you guys for dinner or something!

Spring & Kevin