Monday, June 14, 2010

Showdown

I'm always a little bummed when I can't be part of a good battle. I know that Barry showing up to a WORS race is a good opportunity to race against another fast guy. Tristan and Barry were battling it out and I could only watch from 6 switchbacks away. I know that I'm on track with my training and I wasn't expecting much after my final week of Base 2 riding, but you always want to battle and always want to win every race you start, but you can't. I'm keeping my sights set on the big picture.

I had enough gas to stay with the guys on the first lap, but over the top of the climb on lap 2, in the energy sapping mud, I went over the limit....

After that there was nothing I could do....I had reached the end of my energy tanks for the month, and Sunburst is not a course where you can fake it....


I tried to recover and stay steady, but I was only going steadily slower and slower as the race progressed. Nathan G finally dropped my on the start of the last lap and then I rolled it in for 5th. One more month of base riding and then hopefully I can show up to some races feeling fresh!


Andrea just finished her base training and is now ready to start killing some intervals. Elicia did her first mtb race of her life and killed it in the sport class! Watch out she might get really fast if she can tune up her technical skills.












I'm really pumped to have a rest week, and really pumped that half of the week I don't have to work, and I'm going to the UP for some fun trail riding and a JR camp.

ATTENTION JR's you can still sign up today and tomorrow. CLICK HERE for info

Time for a massage...

1 comment:

DMC said...

At least the mud could be ridden.. enjoy the massage I know i need one after running through the mud...