Monday, May 16, 2011

No Computer = No Blog


I have been without a computer for about 2 weeks. Bummer! It's like the Stone Age again at my house! It started out with a trip to Eagle River for a solid 3 days of training after the race in Iola. I had a big week of training planned and needed some extra peace and quiet for the best possible recover after over extending a little at Iola. Eagle River was nice. I ended up with 18 hours on the bike for the week and discovered lots of new roads. A great way to end Base period 1.

Unfortunately it wasn't enough recover and I must have come in contact with some sort of bug when my immune system was beat down. I spent all of last week down and out sick as can be.....bummer. With our home computer getting a revamp I had no internet and didn't have the energy to make it to the in-laws for a little internet time. I'm feeling much better now! Bad news is I think I passed it on to Andrea.

Hopefully we both fully recover for WORS #2 this weekend in Rhinelander.

Andrea and I also added a new addition to the family. 18.5" 20lbs 14 oz w/ mud on the tires! I finished up the new Trek 9.9 Elite Hardtail complete w/ new Shimano XTR 10spd! That stuff is so nice. I think it will be the first time in my career that my hydraulic brake line is the proper length because the guys at Shimano even made it smooth as butter to bleed the brakes! Can't wait to get a little more time on the new ride! Still no computer at home so real pictures will have to come soon!















In other new and exciting news I will be joining forces w/ Travis Woodruff @ Momentum Endurance. In an attempt to spread some of my knowledge to others before I get too old and forget, I went through the process of becoming a certified USA CYCLING Coach! Travis and I have been working together for the last month and all the details and planning are almost finalized. Stay tuned for more info...

1 comment:

geert said...

Hi Brian

are you coming back to Belgium

next season

saw you suffer in Baal

greetz

Geert