Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Best Time of The Year

I love riding in the fall.  I love racing in the fall.  Leaves changing colors, the smells, the sights, and the perfect temps....you really can't beat it....

Baggies = FUN at Cascade Mtn
So after China I needed a break.  I took the week off of the bike, but couldn't pass up the WORS race.  I really wanted to go just to support Andrea, but the weather was perfect and I figured it wouldn't hurt to check out the new race course.  I didn't really race, but just went out and had some fun on my bike!


After the Cascade WORS race I was feeling refreshed and ready to log some miles, but I couldn't get it out of my head that some of the best MTB time was right NOW!  So I went north to the UP and pedaled around with some TREK guys.  It was a blast.  We ripped a Tues Night ride on the South Trails(one mandatory night ride per year!).  Wed I think I put in 9 hours of chamois time!  Testing bikes, hitting jumps, and best of all got a secret tour of the North Shore MQT Trails which I had heard so much about thanks to Phil and Cooper.  It was so much fun...so much in fact that even a day after 5-6 hours of pedal time I still had enough gas for one more guided tour of all the best and brand new stuff in Ishpeming.  It was truly a great 3 days on the bike in the UP!

View from the top of MQT Mountain

A day of rest and then a weekend of racing.  First up was Saturday on the cross bikes with the MWI crew down in MKE.  Racing for cupcakes is always fun!  Just before the race the skies opened up and we had the first muddy cross race of the season.  Tristan smoked me....I need to get my cross fit dialed and more time on my bikes.

First muddy cross race of the year!

Log Jump in Sheboygan


Sunday was the Sheboygan WORS race.  I haven't done the race in a long time.  Maybe 5 or 6 years.  It was pretty sweet to go and race in front of the home crowd!  Cole and I had an awesome battle, probably the best of the year.  On the last lap I think we had something like 4 lead changes.  There was mud, wet roots, singletrack...all what a hard MTB should be like....in the end Cole beat me, but definitely one of the best races of the year.

Andrea finished the year on a high note and was 3rd and an impressive 4th at the Sheboygan race with stiff competition.  She was 4th in the series.  Very Proud Husband!  I finished up the WORS series in 2nd.

Andrea killed it all season long!

Thanks to XTR Photo for all the great shots throughout the season!


No comments: