Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Death Loop

Today was the final stage of the GRC 09! Luckily Andrea did not have to work Monday so we were able to stay in Athens an extra day, race, and enjoy the amazing weather.
More time with mom and dad is always good, plus we had a lot of leftovers to polish off for dinner. Rosco wanted to keep killing the Kong in the the fenced backyard too.

We raced some of the best singletrack in the Midwest...It was the first time I linked all the local trails together for one big loop. I knew most of the sections of trail, but wasn't exactly sure where they connected. With about 5 miles to go I flatted and Pete "Fresh Legs" Kostes took off. 4 guys passed me, but I was able to make it back for a 3rd place sprint finish.

Next on the list of things to do is find a job! I think it's really close to happening, just a few more small details to iron out....

check out www.bikebfat.com for pictures and www.athensbicycle.com for results

No comments: