Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Transylvania Recap

When I finished the TSE I definitely felt like this. 
Probably thinking to myself I want to be home and not really even being able to comprehend the world of pain I was in....

Now that I have had some time to recover, get healthy and start riding again I wanted to share my final thoughts. 

I wanted to do TSE this year for the experience.  I wanted a change and wanted to do something different.  I wanted to break out of the norm, go somewhere new, and challenge my limits.

All in all TSE was the place to do all of the above.  The experience was amazing.  I learned a ton about what my body can handle even after 20 years of racing.  The old school mtb feel w/ start lines drawn in the dirt and great atmosphere was just what the Dr. ordered.



The trails were tough, the countryside was beautiful and the memories will last a lifetime.    If you are up for a healthy challenge I highly recommend looking into the TSE.  Tons of new friends, great food, campfires....and plenty of beer if you are into that sort of thing!

Now its on to the next adventure and one of my favorite weeks of the year.  Jr. Mtb Camp at Michigan Tech University in the UP! 

After about 8 days of chilling post TSE I finally hopped back on the bike Monday and Tuesday.  For some reason I wanted to do a power test....it hurt, but at least the blood is flowing again.  About 5% less than my test last year in July.  One month to get really fit!  Hopefully it shocked me back into shape at least a little so these kids don't beat me up too bad!  Feeling Old!

No comments: