Tuesday, January 09, 2007


Winter has finally arrived...this past weekend we left Sheboygan and it was 50 degrees. We went to Eagle River in search of snow and a more winter like atmosphere. We found a little, but when we came back to Sheboygan the warm temps had dissapeared and the frigid air from Up North followed had followed us home. However the sub-zero temperatures have not deterred my plans of commuting to work all winter. So far I have only driven to work 3 times. Once was to switch cars with Tristan, and the other day I had to bring in my new road bike so I had to drive. I have over a month in of commuting 7 miles to work and 7 miles home. This mornings commute was brutally cold with temps in the low 20's, but luckily I had a crazy tailwind and covered the trip in a record breaking 19 minutes. I am proud to be a commuter, saving the environment, saving gas money, and saving some unnecessary miles on the Hyundai. After a week you get into a routine and it's not that bad. Just a little extra time and some planning and you to can be a commuter!

I have also been hitting Synergy once or twice a week for Yoga or Gravity strength training. Now that the New Year is upon us it is time to start setting some goals. So far the only thing I have come up with is more sit ups.

More Old Pictures


Can you name these guys?

Mad Skills Who is it?


Anonymous said...

Looks like Sir Lance or......

Anonymous said...

Top Picture: None other
Middle picture: None other leading Paul Rowney
Bottom: Some dude who rocked the tour but couldn't win a mtn bike race.


Anonymous said...

...and Steve Larsen in there too.

Anonymous said...

Brain, I have a picture just like the top one. Send me an email

ciao Pellis