Monday, May 07, 2007

Polka Time

I knew it was going to be a good day as we were approaching Iola and I switched the radio station....over the airways came the polka version of the Partridge Family's 'I Think I Love You'


Yah....stranger things have motivated me in the past but this time it was a family band from the 70's.


All the big dogs from Wisconsin showed up for the first Wors race of the year, except for Sova who claims to have a girlfriend???
























A solid warm up, a solid start, and a perfectly tuned Trek Fuel 9.9 had me on my way to the first victory of the Wors season. The new Fuel's are amazing...the rear suspension is so active when it needs to be yet rigid enough to climb like a champ....the lockout is even more impressive and turns the plush fuel suspensin in to a 22 lbs rigid bike with the flip of a switch.


I followed AJ and Mike up the start climb and after a few lead changes on the first couple of climbs I took the lead and never looked back. For a while I could feel the presence of Jesse on the SS and was impressed with his effort. Our perceived exertion was 2X that of the Rockford race, but the different styles of riding the full suspension vs the ss continually had him bridging small gaps and soon I was riding solo.
































I'm not sure if it was the power of the Blades, the new Trek, or the Partridge Family, but more likely than not it was the help from www.momentumendurance.com The hard work paid off...

I would like to thank Travis for all his help. Even if you think you are really fast a coach can help you...an outsiders perspective and new found motivation can do you wonders on the bike.

Here is my GPS from the race...consistent lap times and good HR numbers...what more could I ask for...



http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2669212


























It felt good to defend the #1 plate and I would like to thank a few folks for their support....

PCW, Trek, Hyundai, Crank Bros, Oakley, Bike N Ski, Rusty's Photos, the WORS crew

and of course Mom, Dad, Andrea & Rosco!!!


















































ps - WINGS @ The Shark Tank...Game 6 tonight...I think I saw Simonson @ the JLA when watching the WINGS destroy the Sharks on Saturday...he had a beer in his hand and stood up every time the camera panned the ice...could it be? Go WINGS

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
b-matter said...

No problem on the questions....and I would love some finish line photos...thanks

Mike said...

You forgot to thank the Blades, the real reason for your success! Are we gonna see another Triple Crown Champ this year??

Anonymous said...

dude, from the looks of the gps you found a couple hot lines out there.

b-matter said...

no hot lines....see wors rule book...just spotty gps in the woods

b-matter said...

Triple Crown...that's hard....but with the Blades...who knows???

Biwan said...

You still rock'n the mullet? That could be a contributing factor to the win. Or the fact that your face is in the dictionary next to "determination"!

b-matter said...

still rockin' the mullet...big obstacle this weekend at the graduation ceremony...if i can make that one i might be good for the summer!