Monday, August 06, 2007

More Racing

This weekend was the Alterra WORS race in Milwaukee. I was 3rd. First lap I felt really good playing it smart getting to know the course and trying not to crash in the slippery sections. I was following Mike the local legend who I figured knew the hot lines better than anyone else.































Starting lap 2 Jesse powered up the climb with his singlespeed and I thought to myself...I should go with him...no it's too early and too hot. Looking back I should have done it as Jesse killed it the rest of the race and won by 2:00 minutes. After Lap 2 I decided to go and dropped Mike and Marko. I was feeling good. Marko was back with me starting lap 4 and I knew it was going to be hard to shake him. I tried on the slight downhill, but then got some crap stuck in my rear der.


































I tried again in the last singletrack, but too many lapped riders. Marko brought the pain on the last climb. I was watching him go harder and harder and was smiling to myself thinking wow that must hurt. I hopefully saved enough gas for the big one this weekend up in Marquette. Still blown away that Creepy and Darkness go so fast with 1 gear. Imagine if Darkness cut a mullet...he might even then have the power to beat Jesse.

4 comments:

BlissontwoWheels said...

dont temp him matter! haha. i think he is going to cut one for sswc though. good job yesterday.

Anonymous said...

It is not the hair, the bike, or your wheels!

It is one speed coupled with the big wheels! HA!

Those freakin' 29er single speeders!

See ya in da UP der, eh!

-Chad

Mike said...

"I was watching him go harder and harder and was smiling to myself thinking wow that must hurt."

That's some funny shite right there. G'luck this weekend, don't let the Simonster bust your chops again!

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm left asking myself why you're not the hometown boy on the Trek Midwest Team? Maybe it's the hair...