Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Fantasy Time

Things in the desert are going great. I really needed a little mental break to recover from last season, all the work on the house, and then the skin cancer. It is pretty darn nice to hang out and enjoy life. I have been riding a lot, but not training, playing with Rosco at the local soccer fields in the afternoons, and then spending some quality time eating good food and watching movies with Andrea.


















On Monday we took a trip into town to visit Dave at Trek Bicycles of Tucson. My new Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL arrived!!! It's sweet. I'm not too sure about the Sram XX stuff, but I'm going to test it out today. I think I'd rather ride Shimano, but we'll see. I'm most pumped about the super light weight Bontrager XXX carbon wheelset. Andrea and I are heading over to Fantasy Island for the first true off-road ride of the year soon.

It's been a long time since I have been on a mtb(Iceman) and even longer on anything technical(Vermont 2004). We'll see how rusty the skills really are.

I'm still waiting patiently for my photo opp with a coyote. I got a good one of a road runner the other day.

Tonight we might try to hit up Cafe Poca Cosa for the best Carne Seca Burrito in town!

4 comments:

cjsbike said...

You will love the Sram XX! I have it on my Quiring! It smokes XTR all day, any day!

-Chad

Jeff Ruppert said...

I've enjoyed ringing the cowbell for you at the Cinci CX weekend and following you on your blog. If you get some tees made for us Clydesdale CX fans (XXL or XXXL), I would definitely order a few to show my support!

Matt said...

Yo Brian,
I think the the XX is pretty sweet, I've been riding it for a few weeks now, the coolest of the groupo though are the forks. They are sooo smooth, and the new X Loc is flawless!. Have fun out at Fantasy Island!

Tim said...

Strap an ACME booster rocket on the Trek and Wile E Coyote might show up. Any plans to see any spring training baseball? Have fun for all of us.