Friday, July 02, 2010

NORBA's

I'm not sure if it's a curse, but the last time I did a NORBA I crashed and separated my shoulder. This time it was OTB, but luckily no serious injuries. I'm not sure if I had a slow leak in my front tire, but I was pretty low on air. I was having a hard time descending with low tire pressure. In the heat of the moment with tons of superfans on lap 2 it happened. I was coming in a little hot, I rolled my tire a little on the log and it was just enough to throw off my balance and my line.....next thing I know I was going face first for a large pile of rocks. The crash itself wasn't so bad, but off the bike 2 times after to straighten the bars caused me to lose a lot of time and the group I was with. All in all I think I would have had a solid result without the crash. 27th with the crash was OK.

The short track was a tough course. Starting in the back didn't help at all, but I raced a strong race considering I haven't done an interval all year. 17th place. I ended battling with Darrin on the last half lap for the #1 WORS spot, but I think I spent too much time in the MILTY WILTY FUN HOUSE then night before.


Or maybe I didn't eat enough ICE CREAM....
The SUPER D was a blast as always, but the course seemed a little less technical this year, and it was much shorter. I was feeling the fatigue and didn't have it in the pedaling sections. Carl Decker won my heat.
The good news for me is only another 1.5 weeks of base training. Eau Claire is up in the air as I'd like to finish the base training with a really big week instead of blowing myself out at a race. After that it will be nice to show up fresh at a race instead of blown out after a ton of miles or feeling flat after a rest week.
Big weekend plans with a couple of 4 hour rides. the start of the Tour, 4th of July, and the celebration of A & E's Birthday.
PS HUGE THANKS TO THE PERSON WHO FOUND ANDREA'S OAKLEY'S ON THE SIDE OF THE TRAIL AND TURNED THEM IN TO LOST AND FOUND!

2 comments:

dirt-diesel said...

Love to have you guys race here in Eau Claire. The track is dialed in.

Anonymous said...

So which tires have you been running this year? Seems like you've had a couple issues so far, wondering if you are sticking with the bonty's?