Friday, June 08, 2007

rambling man

After watching 24 SOLO I had to get my hands on a copy of Off Road To Athens...it was not quite as good as 24 SOLO, but still pretty sweet. Any movie of mountain bikers going for it through the mud and rain with overly dramatic music will get my blood flowing...unfortunately this movie left me with a real bad taste in my mouth....USA Cycling...

I know the point has been made, but c'mon. What are these guys doing? Back in the 94, 95, 96 era mountain biking was huge...tons of people walking around the pits at a Norba, Fans at the farthest points out on a course in full power screaming like it was the finish line, and huge numbers of racers....10 years later and USA Cycling seems to kill the sport... In between I had some fierce battles with USA Cycling and the officials...

I remember battling w/ Stefan Girard as a U-23 rider trying to make the national team, I remember an official telling me I should have raced faster after finishing in the top 20 in a short track when they bombed the results in West Virginia, and I know I was a part of many more battles...

But If I had been battling for the Olympics and lost becuase of a lame procedure and horrible communication I would be really really mad.....

At least Don Edberg has his shit together! Props to WORS and theire huge success, hence my willingness to compete and support in the WORS series.

In other news Mighty Ducks win Stanley Cup....Stanley Cup has to be one of the best ways to finish the season and the best celebration of the 4 major sporting events....NHL, NBA, MLB, & NFL........

Now I will be watching Basketball....my parents lived in Cleveland for 4 or 5 years so GO CAVS!

No comments: