Saturday, February 24, 2007

The BIG Tease

The snow melts and 3 days ago I felt like I was here....






















Now I am back in the basement on the rollers watching, with 6" of snow and the local news is telling me to prepare for a storm that might have the same effects and World War IV...."stock up on groceries" "at least 2 weeks worth" "buy propane" "don't leave the house" "....." on and on...

Last wednesday I put in an awesome 2:15 on the cross bike with Andrea and Tristan in near 50 degree temps. I was a little overdressed, but enjoyed every bit of fresh air. It was my first ride with the Garmin Edge 305...the thing rules. I can't wait to start more workouts and use it to full capacity.

Official training is just around the corner and I'm happy to be doing something a little differet this year. I have only had a coach once in my life and it was very beneficial.































In 1999 when Skyler Reeves & I first moved to Tucson we lived with 2 Czech racers and 1 Slovak along with Klement Capliar, a Czechoslovakian cycling coach and Hayes Brakes team manager, who took me from a mid pack Sr. Expert racer to winning Semi Pro,


































to a top 20 Norba Pro. Unfortunately I only worked with Klement for 9 months. He was hugely instrumental in my cycling life, but he was a little, let's say, hard to work with...he was also an awesome chef...life with the Euros is a whole stroy in itself...



























This particular picture Skyler and I wrote up the 1999 - 2000 Cyclocross World's results on an Excel spreadsheet with Americans sweeping the Podium in all events...they bought it for about 3 days...it was hilarious...anyway



In 2007 it will be a new coach and hopefully better results... Check out www.momentumendurance.com ...TJ is a good friend and teammate, but I know his knowledge and an outsiders perspective will bring some positive changes to my training regime directly affecting my speed, performance, skills, results, confidence, training, routine, and mental state.

No comments: