Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jingle Cross Day 2

Jingle Cross day 2 started Friday night after the race. We were pretty pumped to be hooked with some host housing. I found the house after Fridays nights race. I had to pee....I opened the door to the bathroom which was actually the basement, and CUJO came charging out. It scared the shit out of me. Luckinly CUJO aka Rosie was a friendly dog and proceeded to pee all over the place. Maybe thats why she was in the basement....back in the basement with the dog and as soon as we went to bed she started whimpering, whining, crying and barking all night long...


With slightly warmer temps and some sunshine melting the icy ground I opted to switch wheels and go with the mud tires. It was a good choice. No crashes except for everyone around me. Somebody came in way too hot on the first corner and took out Cody Kaiser who broke a spoke and then crashed into me....we both managed to keep it upright, but we smashed through some course stakes and course tape. I think I was in 35th around the first half lap...not good. At this point with a C1 race the following day I instantly decided to take it easy and just ride a smooth tempo and see how far I can move up. I saw 3 guys crash trying to bunny hop the barriers. I never went over the red, never pushed it too hard on the run, just kept it steady and rode up to 9th place by the end of the race. Another 9th, not what I wanted, but today is the big day...


Watching the Superprestige this morning and drinking coffee....another good morning. Looking forward to 5 days at home before flying out to Portland.

No comments: