Thursday, November 17, 2011

Looking Good

looking good?  i'm not so sure
Day #3 - Looking Good.  Not quite as important as the bikes, but definitely important is looking good.  I struggle in this department most of the time, but thanks to a few of the sponsors I might at least get a 5 out of 10!


photo @ Amy Dykema - " whoa look at that outfit"
a favorite quote from superman 2
My title sponsor for the last 6 or 7 years has been a local team out of Wisconsin.  I am very lucky to have such great support from a local team.  It started out as the PCW/Hyundai team and has now morphed into the Gear Grinder Team.  Even though I have been racing in the Gear Grinder jersey for the past 3 or 4 seasons I'm guessing most of you don't know what Gear Grinder is....take a minute and check it out...they do some pretty cool things for the cycling community in WI.  Gear Grinder itself is a casual clothing company.  They do t-shirts, shop shirts, podium apparel, & accessories for both men & women.  My favorite is definitely the Podium Jacket and the Podium Pants.  In the future they are leaning more and more towards the sustainable model and will be focusing on the recycled tubes for making the wallets, belts, messenger bags, and the new sandals...they are pretty cool.

The best thing about Gear Grinder is that the majority of the money goes right back into the program.  Whether it is supporting me and the Junior Development Team, or promoting races like Tour of America's Dairyland and the Tour De Road America, Gear Grinder is in it for the right reasons and I couldn't do it without their support.  THANKS

Looking good part 2 - Oakley.  Any time the best of the best is on board as a sponsor you have to be pretty pumped.  I have been rockin' the Oakleys since 1996 when I raced with the Rock Shox Jr. Development Team.  Even back then I had full support from Oakley.  They have style and more importantly in my book they have function.  The best optics and the best eye protection out there....without your eyes you are not going to be fully confident to rip a downhill section at full speed ahead.  Protect your eyes at all costs...

looking good in the Northwoods back in 07!

I love my Oakley flannel and loved RazorBlades....especially in the Northwoods....I think they would fit in pretty darn good in Athens, OH too...

Thanks to Gear Grinder and Oakley for keeping me looking good!

No comments: