Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New & Old

Hey Hey Hey....How 'bout a Hyundai!

The Tucson had plenty of room for the Ice Trophy







The Sonata - killer gas mileage
With Thanksgiving fast approaching its time to thank the rest of the sponsors.  First up is one of the oldest and one of the best sponsors I have ever had.  Not many people have sponsors from outside the bike industry any more, but I'm lucky to have one of the best.  Hyundai!  When I first started mtb racing every team was backed by a car company.  Now I can only think of one major team...I wish I could do more for my local Sheboygan Van Horn Hyundai dealer, because they have done so much for me.  3 years of driving a Hyundai Tucson, 2 years of driving a Hyundai Sonata,  and another 1 year of driving
my current car the Hyundai Elantra Touring.  Probably the best vehicle yet for racing and traveling.  Tons of space for wheels, bikes, and gear, and great gas mileage!  30 mpg's on the hwy. 


Andrea's green grocey getter!
Without the help of Hyundai there would have been no way that over the last 6 or 7 years I would have been able to committ this much time to cycling.  I would have had 2 car payments(we even got a killer deal on a car for Andrea) and had to work way more.  Without that financial obligation I am able to work less, train more and continue to pursue my career as a professional cyclist.  Thanks Hyundai....I've got my fingers crossed to keep this sponsor as long as possible...hopefully next up is the new 2012 40 MPG Hyundai Accent!

The Elantra Touring - the name is right on...
Thanks Hyundai...the best sponsor by far I have ever had....if you need a new or used car stop by Sheboygan Van Horn Hyundai and ask for Mike!



Next up is one of the newest sponsor I have....Pro Gold Lubricants.  I have been using Pro-Link for the past 5 years.  I love that chain lube....it works great and always keeps your drive line clean.  When the owner of Pro Gold called me up one day I was pumped!  Soon after a bunch of product showed up at my door, I couldn't beleive it...  I honestly didn't even know they did more than just the Pro-Link.  Then I tried the Pro-Link Extreme...it works great for those muddy cross races, and my new favoritre product that make cleaning up after a cross race 1000x easier is the Pro Gold Bike Wash.


You spray it on, wait 5 minutes, wash it off with a hose, and your bike is as clean as it was before the race.   The stuff is awesome.  I won't ever travel to another cross race without it...They also make some shop towells for cleaning your hands after working on your bike.  Check them out...Thanks Pro-Gold

I've had many other individaul sponsors throughout my career, most from the bike industry  Bell Helmets and some not, like MortgageBot who is a current sponsor of Gear Grinder and Billy G the Kangen Water guy.  So many sponsors of  the teams that I have raced for throughout the years, and so many individuals who have helped, sponsored, donated, and mentored.  Its really awesome when you think back on all the people who have been there along the way... its where I get my motivation to keep training hard and keep winning races!  Thanks to all,   Happy Thanksgiving.






1 comment:

Jlundo said...

I travel a ton for work and the last car that was rented was in fact an Elantra....this car was amazing. It was a 2012 and I really didn't want to give it back. Gotta give it to them...they can build a sound car.