Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wisconsin

Andrea, Rosco, and I made it home Monday night! It was great to be home and sleep in my own bed after practically 5 months of being on the road. Only bad thing about it is that I am leaving already tomorrow to do Barry Roubaix and go visit friends in MI. It's not bad that I get to race and visit friends, just bad that I have to leave home again so fast. I can't believe we have already been in our house for 3 years.


















This morning I was looking through old Gravel Rouser pictures and they all seemed to coincide with major household events. Buying the house and then turning around and leaving for Gravel Rouser was a classic 3 years ago. 2 years ago we were redoing our bathroom and last year when we returned from Gravel Rouser it was about a month spent in the attic doing vents and new insulation. As soon as I get home from Barry Roubaix its on again. 45 degree angles means its time to re-do all the molding in the house. There are still huge sections of the wall that don't have any molding at all. It should be a fun job! Our furnace is also on the way out so it might be time for a new one of those too.

Andrea was back to work yesterday and had an awesome day. It seems her boss at work is top notch. The nursing staff got Andrea a welcome back to work bouquet of flowers in a smiley face coffee mug...pretty sweet.

I was welcomed back with a crap ton of cheese, venison brats, and venison dogs from my good buddy Wally! I however will not be returning back to work. It's time for something new for me and in the mean time I'm going to give it a go as a stay at home dad for Rosco! I guess I'll also try to figure out how to be a faster bike racer too! Updating blog's doesn't make me fast so thats it for now...

No comments: