Sunday, October 02, 2011

Style - Points

Staying home and crossing things up this weekend!  Day One:  Friday night Cyclocross Clinic w/ Crank Daddy's Bike Shop, My Wife Inc, and the WCA Cross Series Kisckoff party.  It was a perfect turn out.  Barriers, Training, Racing, Run Ups, Shouldering and even a small relay race that ended with a 2 up sprint in a tie!  Thanks to all those who came out to the clinic!














air time: not so critical for cross, but fun!



Next on tap was WCA #1...Cross the Domes in Milwaukee....one of the best cross courses I have done in WI.  Lots of transitions, pedaling sections, corners where it paid to be smooth, a forced run up, and a set of barriers.  Shriver didn't make it easy for me to get my first win of the season and take home the big prize!  I was too hungry after the race and didn't even get to take a photo of the GIANT cupcake before it was down the hatch. Check out the style points!  I'm not talking about the new Trek Cronus, w/ Shimano Dura Ace, and HED wheels, and I'm not talking about the Oakley Radars or Bell Volt Eyeballs Helmet.  I'm talking about hitting the skateboard ramps at the Domes during the warm up...Shriver was afraid...couldn't let him beat me after he was too scared to clear the gap.







Today I'm at it again at the new race course in Kewaskum.  First off I better check out the cross race in Kalmthout Belgium on the internet!  Also checking out the results from Gloucester....wondering if I should have made the trip to try for more UCI points???  I'm slipping further and further back the grid, but sticking with the theory of if your going good you're going good.

No comments: