Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Iceman (the bike)


A huge thanks goes out to the fellas at Trek and my good buddy JR for letting me use the dream bike set up for Iceman.

I rocked a 2010 Elite 9.9. It was without a doubt the fastest, stiffest, and lightest bike I have ever ridden. I didn't officially weight the bike, but I'm guessing in the 16lb range as it was only slightly heavier than my cross bikes.
I opted for a fully rigid 26 inch race bike. Bontrager X Lite Switchblade Fork & X Lite wheels with Bontrager XR1 tires. Bontrager XR1 tires where the only tire on the mens podium at the Iceman!
A XTR drivetrain and of course 4ti Crank Brothers pedals were being pushed on by some super light weight Pearl Izumi shoes....
The Bell Volt helmet along with the Oakley Radars w/ Photochromic lens kept my eyes and head straight in the blinding setting sunshine.
All and all it was a pretty sweet set up and I wouldn't change a thing if i had to do it all over.....except I would win of course!

No comments: